Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Anniversary Trip Day Three

Today looked like it was gonna be a nice day, still very cold, but no rain in sight. We drove back roads around the Blue Ridge. We saw some beautiful land for sale. I can only imagine how hard it is to get to anywhere from there though. Not that I would pass up living in such a place.










We drove above Roanoke to the Dixie Caverns. Our guide was a young teenage boy and there was only one other couple besides us, so I cannot say it was our favorite Cavern, but it was still good, we enjoy things like that.



























On the way home we stopped to get me a pair of sneakers since I brought my sandles and a pair of boots that just didnt' keep any cold off my poor feet. We stopped in Hillsville and ate at the Hardware Restaraunt. We had stopped here twice last year on our anniversary trip and we really like it, so here we are again. It was so cold driving back to the cabin every night, we were thankful to get in and turn on the fireplace and draw water in the jacuzzi.

No comments: